Mattress warranties are void unless purchased as a set. (mattress and foundation)
We back up all of our warranties in-house: you always deal directly with us, not the manufacturer, for the full extent of the warranty.
|Englander*||All||5 years||Full||10 years||Pro-rated|
|Five Star||Fox Creek||10 years||Full||Edison||5 years||Full||Callaway||5 years||Pro-rated|
|SERTA||ALL iComfort Directions||25 years||Limited|
|ALL iComfort||25 years||Limited|
|ALL iSeries||15 years||Full|
|ALL Perfect Sleeper||10 years||Full|
|SmartChoice Springwood||10 years||Full|
|SmartChoice Hollyfield||5 years||Full|
|Posturecraft*||Phase 1||1 year||Full|
|Phase 2||1 year||Full|
* No longer sold at Earl's but we will still honor warranties in-house.
* Models listed above are currently available for sale, and our manufacturers are frequently changing model names as they update their product lines. If you do not see your model listed here, and you purchased your mattress at Earl's, please call us for warranty information.
How to Make a Claim
If your mattress appears defective in any way, contact Earl's as soon as possible so we can investigate likely causes. If we can determine that the mattress is defective, we will handle all warranty issues for you with the manufacturer.
With Earl's, you are never left out in the cold having to secure a warranty claim on your own. We back up all product warranties in-house.
Absuses that will void your mattress warranty
Not rotating properly
King size mattresses should be rotated one quarter turn every month for the first year and once every three months thereafter. All other sizes should be rotated one half turn (head to toe) on the same schedule.
Stains of any kind will void your warranty!!
Soiled mattresses may have been compromised by the effect of fluids on the material. Additionally, due to federal law, manufacturers can not have used mattresses that are soiled on their premises. As a result of both of these factors, manufacturers will not honor any warranty on a stained mattress.
To prevent stains, we strongly recommend Protect-A-Bed mattress covers. These covers are:
- Waterproof - prevents warranty voiding stains and dust mite allergens.
- Breathable - keeps you cool while sleeping.
- Durable - Tested to over 200 washings and still usable. Be sure to NOT use liquid bleach or fabric softener and always dry with other clothes to protect the lining.
- Guranteed - If purchased on the same invoice with your mattress, Protect-A-Bed will clean any stain that gets through or replace the mattress at their expense.
The bed or frame your new mattress set is on should have at minimum one leg going straight down in the center of your bed keeping the slat (metal or wood) perfectly level. Additional legs on either side of the center (left to right - under where each person sleeps) are highly recommended. The slat and legs shoud also be centered head to toe. Inserting plywood or other boards in between your mattress and foundation prevents the foundation from providing proper support to the mattress and will also void your warranty.
Removing Law Tags
These tags are required to be attached by law. They indicate important information such as the manufacturer, model, date of manufacture, material composition, etc. While the final customer is the only one who may remove these tags, doing so before there is a problem will void the warranty. (many companies require the tags be removed and mailed to them to make a warranty claim in lieu of returning the actual product)